I have a seven year old who is really wanting to fish.we went to poconos for a week and he caught 4 blue gill.Now he is hooked(no pun intended).Does anyone have any suggestions on sites in the pennsauken area? and is lures or bait best?Thanks in advance for your time !!

Posted Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:33 am

Depends what kind of gear you have. If I were you, I would head out to the Delaware and try to get some catfish. They are an easy fish to catch, and they give you a nice fight. Just bottom fish, using a 1oz weight and try some uncooked shrimp as bait. Make sure they are uncooked and you use a hook large enough for the shrimp but not too big as to where the fish cant get it in its mouth. Try some local lakes for bass too. Usually you can bottom fish in those for catties. I'll see what I can find for you. How far are you willing to drive?

Posted Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:49 pm

Thank you so much for the input.Travel and hour or so probably is most right now.

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:43 am

Just wondering if you have a boat, canoe, or a kayak?

Posted Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:23 am

Not as of yet,I am sure if he gets his way I will have one soon

Posted Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am

Alright, I've been reading about this place called Lake Audrey for quite some time now. Its a 120 acre lake, located south of Millville in Commercial Township, Cumberland County. The lake was aquired by the state back in 2004, at the time it was so acidic that fish species couldn't survive. So in 2006, volunteers poured 136 tons of lime into the lake to neutralize its pH. They also added some artificial structures to help create a "natural" fish habitat. Then in 2007, it was stocked with smallmouth bass, yellow perch, bluegill, pumpkinseed, creek chub sucker, brown bullhead, and golden shiner. The reason for not adding largemouth bass is because they can ruin the enviornment for the other fish. The lake was closed to the public in 08 and 09, but was still stocked with adult smallmouth bass and fingerlings. I believe the lake opened back up for catch and release fishing earlier this year. Bass up to five pounds have been caught. Sounds like a great day trip.

Not sure what kind of fish you go for. Just let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Posted Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Ive also heard about lake audrey. I will try to go before winter and give you feedback on my trip but if not i will definetly be there in spring. Also regardless of the attempt for no largemouths there are infact largie's there. Whether it was illegal stocking or just egg carries they are at a good steady population in the lake but regardless the smallmouth hav not been greatly affected.

Posted Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Always great to see and encourage kids fishing. We try to help this with inexpensive Bluefish bay trips i run them starting May its a few minutes from our slip and can be taylored to suit your needs and budget. Great intro to saltwater fishing for familys and kids.
http://www.njfishfinder.com/phpBB2/family-fishing-t2989.html
Check out this site under Kids Trips for photos and info along with our website www.obsessionfishing.com
Feel Free to call anytime if we can help
Keith

Posted Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

I dont know how far away Gibbsboro is from Pennsauken but if you are willing to get over there there are many great lakes for fishing. Well first off you have Kirkwood which has limited access without a boat. There is one shore however that has some access. If you have some worms you should be able to get some good bluegill and some bass mabye. Idk if you guys are that ready but there are alot of carp in there. Just a thought. Clementon Lake is a popular fishing lake however I have never fished it. Rowand Lake is a small pond that is filled with fish. I hear there is very good trout there after stock. There are also bass and all kinds of sunnys. However don't take my word for if it is good for I have only fished it once (same with Kirkwood). It was a very hot day so I didnt catch anything. That reminds me, DO NOT go there if it is hot. If you want to know more talk to wqpjim. He was the one would recomended it. Hopefully I could help but DEFINETELY talk to him first.

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links