I have been looking into buying a kayak for fishing local small lakes and ponds..... so many diff kind to choose from..... I have done some on-line research... and I have a few questions that I get conflicting answers to from kayakers.... so I figured I would try here and see what anyone of you have to suggest.... two main questions so far... 1st- sit in or sit on? I've been told sit in you get wet... but sit on is better for fishing.... 2nd.. what size.... 10 foot was what I was thinking since my main reason to get one is for ease of use....light weight... but some have suggested 12 foot for lakes and ponds... ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!! WHAT DO YOU FEEL......

Posted Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Reach out to gluttony32. He recently purchased one and is very knowledgeable.

Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:08 am

I am an avid kayak fisherman, and i strongly sugest getting a hobie with mirage drive, it really expands your horizens. if you want something lightweight and portable i suggest the hobie sport, also be sure to check out the hobie outback, as well as the pro angler 12 if your willing to spend the money. i recetly purchased the pro angler 14, i love it, however it can be very difficult to move.

Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links