My friend and I fished there tonight in my johnboat. We fished nightcrawlers, buzz bates, fake worms, spinners.. and only caught two little pickerols. It's a big lake and we fished a large area of it today with no success. Any advice is much appreciated. I know there's big fish in there... I wanna hook one

Posted Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:22 pm

There are huge bass and pickerel and catfish in atsion. I have never fished there, but my brother inlaw grew up in a house across the street and has fished there 100's of times. As with every lake, you have to find the fish. At the end near all the trees and in the middle, is where they used to catch the big fish. Near the dam they also caught some nice sized bass. My son and i tried to go into the lake and they wanted to charge me 10.00! I made a uturn and went across the street to the mullica river boatlaunch, and caught 5-6 small catfish. It's the spillway from atsion. I have passed the lake 100's of times...i just want to fish from the shoreline, but I'm not paying. I pay enough taxes and should get in for free! Maybe they wanted $ because it was summer? Good luck fishing hope you find some nice fish in there. Let us know what happens and where you find the fish!

Posted Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:16 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links