Egg harbor lake on rt.563....it's 2 lakes. Haven't been here since june- bugs bugs bugs. Stopped there today for about 25 mins. Had a few interested fish, but no hookups on the camp side, went to the otherside. Had a huge pikerel go after the roostertail 3 times on one of my retrievels. He kept missing, he was jumping halfway out of the water. I cast away from where he was, but came back to where he was after 5 mins. Got about 4 feet from the shore and BAM-he was hooked! He came out if the water,turned his head and all i heard was snap. He broke my dam line. The fish and my lure were gone! I have 10 pd test and he snapped it like it was nothing....it's been killing me all damn day. My line wasn't frayed, everything was good, this damn fish was massive. Going back in a few weeks with a pole with 20 pd test.....

Posted Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:12 pm

As you know, those fish have some sharp teeth. Dont be surprised if they cut through 20 lb test. I've gotten hits from them and didnt feel a thing. Line just cut. If they hit your lure from the head of the lure, chances are your gonna get your line cut. Nothing like catching huge pickerel... love the fight... they are visous fish... love em! good luck trying to get him....

Posted Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:26 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links