I know of some bogs on rt. 526 near lakewood, that are supposed to have some smallies, but have never caught any. Don't even know if i can catch any near the shore, every show on world fishing network-shows guys in boats in deep water. I am assuming i have to go way north. I don't see many pictures of them on here either. Any help would be appreciated....thanks!

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:53 am

Believe it or not, I caught one (and only one and have never heard of anyone else ever getting one) out of the creek system that runs from the river into Woodbury. He may have lost his way or something. There's got to be smallies in upper Delaware River. Maybe he swam down to Camden to buy dope, swam the wrong way home, and got lost in Woodbury.

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Actually your closest bet that I can think of is west over the bridge in Wissahickon, Pennypack and even Skuk. Neshaminy creek too. But your question was lakes or ponds so I'm not really helping. But it's easy to get over to Wissy, water is crystal, runs fast and definitely holds smallmouth. I used to live by the Art Museum and used to go to Wissy to hike all the time. Guys will walk the creek and cast spinners, senkos, roosters etc. They are in there. Otherwise your jumping on the turnpike up to a North Jersey lake, upper Delaware River or Raritan.

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks for the info, i will try to sneak a few casts in when i'm over that way on deliveries. So the smallie was near camden buying dope, ha ha that's funny
dude! I think there might be some in assunpink and lake mercer up near princeton, but i am never up in that area long enough to fish alot. Heading north when the weather gets warm again, for a weekend, to get a smallie, a pike and a musky. They are on the bucketlist. Might have to go to canada at some lodge/lake, to get a huge musky. That might cost a little to much for my budget!

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:34 pm

southjerseyangler

Thanks for the info, i will try to sneak a few casts in when i'm over that way on deliveries. So the smallie was near camden buying dope, ha ha that's funny
dude! I think there might be some in assunpink and lake mercer up near princeton, but i am never up in that area long enough to fish alot. Heading north when the weather gets warm again, for a weekend, to get a smallie, a pike and a musky. They are on the bucketlist. Might have to go to canada at some lodge/lake, to get a huge musky. That might cost a little to much for my budget!

I've been wanting to take a trip north for a long time. Every time I go anywhere my wife needs a beach to sit and drink all day. That's what keeps us heading south

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:58 pm

I am not sure about shore fishing and this is up north but there are smallies in Merrill Creek, Lake Hopatcong, Greenwood Lake and I have caught a ton of them in Spruce Run.

Northern Pike - I have caught 1 in Farrington lake and have seen some monsters chasing my lure but did not bite. I have also caught 1 in Spruce Run.

Muskie - I do not fish for them but I have heard there are a ton of them in Echo lake by Greenwood Lake and and they are also in Greenwood lake.

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks john, you've narrowed the search. I appreciate it!

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:12 pm

Hey South , how far South are you ? I know they have a newer lake Called Audrey Lake or Lake Audrey whichever u prefer .. lol Anyhow its near Millville and Mauricetown .. Catch n Release only , heard it has some Giants in it .. So if ur near there , or headed that way bring a decent rod n line as well as some needle nose pliers , Smallmouth inhale lures for the most part .. Hope u Catch a Whopper n feel the wrath of a Smallmouth . Post ur Pics when u do ..lol btw when u lip em they bite ur thumb , it don't hurt at all ( bass teeth ) , js shows how Hell bent aggressive they are .. Happy Catching

Posted Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Thanks bass, i'm 11 miles from center city philly, 2 miles from the start of the a.c.expwy. Dude, i pass by lake audrey every thursday. I deliver to port norris. Actually fished there twice, stopped on break with my truck. Not to many spots from the shoreline, but the ones i've fished from were ok. The boat launch has a floating dock, but doesn't go out far. It's like pen bryn lake in blue anchor-got that clear blue/green water and it's deep water. No bites when i was there, the fish moved deep due to the cold. I will fish there when the water warms up...thanks again for the info dude

Posted Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:32 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links