Can anyone tell me the correct image size (Height pixels X Width pixels) to upload? My images seem distorted. I can't figure out whether I should crop to square, horizontal or landscape format.

Thanks for your help.

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 pm

All your pictures look great. Sometimes my pics look distorted on the homepage...but go on your account to your pictures and they should be totally clear. I have never cropped any pic i have posted- welcome to the site pappi...i have fished birch grove-its an awesome place

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Your photos look fine and have no negative issues. Like SJA stated sometimes they just don't look right but they are fine. Believe me if there is a problem, I'm sure someone will let you know. lol Nice catch!

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Thanks for your replies guys, but the images I've posted so far were the result of trial and error Photoshop cropping and adjusting proportions.

I just want to upload my iPhone photos (native resolution is 960 px wide x 1280 px high @ 72ppi) without them being compressed or stretched. Straight from the phone they look distorted.

So I open them in Photoshop and tweak until I get something that looks right.

Sorry to get all techno on you but as a long time photographer and web designer, it shouldn't be this difficult.

I'd rather be fishing.

Posted Fri May 29, 2015 6:23 pm

I thought i read somewhere on here that the site sizes the pics automatically, so you dont have to do anything, but i have seen the same as SJA, they look funny until you go to your photo page, there they look fine

Posted Sat May 30, 2015 8:13 am

I found this at the bottom of the adding a photo page. See below. Hope this explans the sites photo process.

My Photo Usage

You are allowed to upload a maximum of 1000 MB of photos. Because we compress and resize photos, this allows you to upload over 4000 photos. In the future we hope to increase this limit, so no worries.

Posted Sat May 30, 2015 10:06 am

I found this at the bottom of the adding a photo page. See below. Hope this explans the sites photo process.

My Photo Usage

You are allowed to upload a maximum of 1000 MB of photos. Because we compress and resize photos, this allows you to upload over 4000 photos. In the future we hope to increase this limit, so no worries.

Posted Sat May 30, 2015 10:07 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links