Caught my first bass in Jersey. Little pond near a housing development off Hartford Road in Mount Laurel. Second cast inhaled my black Senko with a blue tail. Not another bite for two hours. Girlfriend had some nibbles on a nightcrawler and bobber set-up, but probably a sunfish or something.

I want to find something that produces a little better. If it's closer, that's a plus too. No boat, so only shore fishing.

Live in Cherry Hill, right off 70 West near the Bishops Eustace Prep School.

Bass are my favorite, most experience with smallies in big, deep, clear, and cold mountain ponds in Maine (have a canoe I fish out of back home). I want to get into catfish and carp fishing, but have no knowledge of tactics, bait, or places to go and would like some suggestions.

Basically, looking for a few spots in the area where I can catch some decent fish and keep my girlfriend interested. Also, any geography specific tips for bass would be appreciated (not used to this stained muddy water without much structure or cover that I keep seeing), and any tips for catfish or carp (bait, rigs, places, time of day/night, etc.).

Much Appreciated

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:57 am

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:02 am

Awesome catch dude! You deffinately started out right to land a nice large bass on your first trip. You are no longer a novice bass angler.

Posted Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:08 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links