Hey - Where did everybody go? Is no one fishing in New Jersey? There haven't been any posts from our die hard anglers in a while now. Lets get back out to the water and FISH!

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:02 am

Been working late, the heat, alot of my spots are overgrown with weeds or algae, my wife's back was out for 8 days, so i have been hanging at home...planning to get back to serious fishing thursday and this weekend

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Myself, have been down for the count for the last two weeks with a recurring back injury. Finally starting to feel human again. Right now the plan is heading down to ISBP tomorrow with the wife and since she doesn't go in the water, going to a fishing area is not a problem, very little surf fishing experience or knowledge, but you know what they say, even a blind dog finds a bone now and then, hopefully will have something to report other than a nasty sunburn. But no matter what, putting bait in the water is better than nothing.
SJA, hope the wife is feeling better, I know how painful and debilitating a back injury can be.

Posted Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:50 am

i am still here and still fishing just no fish to show for it i will keep trying Laughing

Posted Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:10 pm

Thanks chief, she is getting better everyday. I also missed a week of work last july - my back went out. The pain was horrific! Glad you are better too, good luck surf fishing!

Posted Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:41 pm

I'm glad to hear that all of you are still breathing. Sometimes you have to prioritize your life. Family and health always comes first and fishing goes on the back burner. Get well and take care of your family matters, so you can get back out there.

Posted Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:44 pm

I broke my right femur in a car accident. Had surgery with steel rod from my knee to my hip along with a handful of screws and anchor bolts. Off my feet for a while. I did fish from a seat on a dock down in Maryland last week. …caught a dozen or so white and yellow perch. Nothing worthy of a photo, plus they weren't NJ caught.

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Lately I've been crabbing and saltwater fishing around the Ocean City area (with very little success) though I caught a 16" flounder today, kissed it, then cursed it for being 2 inches short, and tossed it back.

To prove I haven't lost my bassmaster touch, yesterday I went to the Egg Harbor Township Nature Reserve (my highly secret local spot) and hammered a bass barely bigger than my 6" senko worm.

Hope everyone is on the mend. Sounds like some painful times out there.

Regards,

Joe D
[/img]

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:46 pm

ssheldon1 - Sorry to hear that you got banged up. Get well soon and try to enjoy the down time.

Posted Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:41 pm

sup guys, long time no message board. Not sure why I have not been around but been fishing all season. Sold the boat last week for a new one come next season, not too much of a problem as my fishing partner has a skeeter so I am still out there.

Got this bad boy today!!

Posted Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Now thats a fish! Good luck on your new boat.

Posted Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:09 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links