There is always arguments in regards to people saying where they caught their fish... I am in total agreement with keeping your favorite places to yourself and see nothing wrong with that... actually, in todays world of social media.... I think you are crazy to disclose a pond or lake that you do well in to the public. Thousands of anglers read social media and the lake will get overrun in a short time... and that is what I want to talk about here... not whether you should or shouldn't post where you catch fish, but some other thoughts I have on the subject...
There are HUGE bass / fish in every lake in south jersey... private lakes and public lakes as well... yes, 7, 8, and 9 pound bass are in most if not ALL lakes in south jersey... many of our lakes have state records as well.... people need to stop chasing where everyone else caught the latest 5+ pounder... Thats crazy folks... just plain crazy... I can't tell you how many times I had an outstanding day on a given lake, ( like 15 + bass up to 4 pounds with many 2 and 3 pounders in the bag) and went back two days later, using the same lures in similar locations and caught one to two bass in the one pound range.... just because someone caught a huge bass or a huge limit doesn't mean you will co the same if you go there... STOP chasing other people and fish the lakes and ponds you like... you will hit a day when the bite is on and you are using the right lures and fishing the right spots... IMPROVE YOUR SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE OF BASS FISHING AND BASS HABITS.... Thats how you will catch more and bigger fish... NOT chasing down everyones posts... trust me... there are huge fish in every lake... learn how to catch them and you will enjoy your sport way more than chasing.... rant over!

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:47 am

Yup, my thoughts exactly and you coulld not have said it any better...Fishing in NJ is growing popularity and many places are very much over fished...When I go to any lake or pond during a prime time to fish it doesn`t take me long to figure out that everyone else beat me to it. That`s why I always use a lure or bait that will catch me just about anything...For someone like me that doesn`t use live bait, sometimes you just have to be happy for just catching Bluegills or Crappies especially if I`m fishing after work when the weather is perfect...And the big Bass? lol....I always catch them when I least expect it but it goes back to something very important you said...You put in your countless hours and that is certainly one of the most important parts of making a sucessful fisherman.

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:42 pm

In short , I concur ..

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:53 pm

do as you like ^^

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:43 pm

My favorite spot to fish that is not known by many is the pond just north west of split rock reservoir. You guys shoudl try it out. Also Check out my youtube channel, I am trying to become more noticed. Tell me what you think and please subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uulbOvCPlIE
[youtube]

Posted Wed May 04, 2016 5:23 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links