I just lost my apartment in Keansburg due to the flood & hurricane. I have been forced to relocate and start from scratch again. The water came up 2 feet, let me rephrase that, the raw sewerage from the aniquated sewer system of a poor, almost shore town could not handle the hurricane. There is still no power for the residents of my old building and the water in the raritan and the local beaches are tainted with s*** and everything else. Before the waters breached the dunes in front of my house, I elevated my rod rack and tackle, not to mention all my 50 snakes and everything that was important to me. But it was to no avail, I thought I would only get a few inches of water and instead it flooded 2 feet and ruined $10000 worth of brand new furniture that I put together and I am still paying for,insurance only covers a percentage of it. Fema has done squat for anyone and I could see why they caught so much heat after Katrina. Needless to say its been a week and a half and I am extremely bitter. I have a new apartment double the size away from the pathetic raritan and the crappy shore. People are devastated and say the shore will never be the same, One can only hope that It will not return to the dealpitatded state in which it was, maybe now they will build new homes and buisnesses and change the look and feel of the shore to something we can really be proud of.

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:09 am

I fished Roosevelt pond The closest body of water to my new location yesterday, in 60 degree weather. I used a jig with craw trailer and did not get any bites after fishing the shallows and some deeper water. Then I tried an ultra light rod with small rooster tails trying to catch some trout since its stocked and nothing. I did see small bass and some other unidentified small fish swimming by, When I say small I mean tiny not even worth catching. It was nice to be able to fish in December. there was even a turtle basking, it was so warm out.

Posted Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:12 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links