Hi guys, I'm a avid crappie fisherman, but it seems my regular spots aren't producing that well. Anyone know of any good crappie lakes in the monmouth/ocean/burlington county areas? Question I don't have a boat and only fish from shore, but any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Posted Sat May 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Had pretty good results at Manasquan Reservoir the past 2 years.

Posted Sun May 12, 2013 2:35 pm

How's the Bass Fishing at Manasquan Reservoir ? I read it's top 100 Bass lakes in U.S.A .

Posted Sun May 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Bass fishing has been good to us there as well as Hybrids, Perch, Pickerel.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 10:17 am

Try new lures or tactics. I have always been one to swim grubs and roadrunners, and had very good success, but this spring I have had very limited success. So I ran home one day, and rigged up my 8weight fly rod and put a spinning reel on it with 4lb line, and put on a slip bobber rig. That evening I landed 17 crappie in 20 minutes and that morning I spent 2 hours and only landed two crappie and a pickerel. And it wasn't fluke, being the scientist I am, I set up and experiment I alternated cast with the slip bobber and a rod rigged with a roadrunner. I made twenty cast with each rod and on the slip bobber rig I had twenty three bites. I caught fourteen of those fish. On the roadrunner I had seven bites, and caught 4 fish. Another trick I learned is to tip whatever jig or tube you are using with a long thin piece of plastic. Tight lines.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links