I picked three guides called "Great Fishing Close To Home" at the seminar last night. The state is broken down into three sections, North, Central and South.These guides are put out by NJ Fish & Wildlife. Each guide shows the different types of fish that are caught in that area, a map showing where the fishing spots are located plus a reference chart with additinal info about each site. This is good for the newbie or if you want to venture out to unknown new areas.

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:26 am

I have all three of of those guides and found a lot of Great Lakes that I never would have fished otherwise.

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 8:30 am

You'll be surprised how much free info is out there. You just have to look for it and run searches on the computers. The bait shops are also a good source of info.

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 11:12 am

Any time I pass a pond or lake I try to throw a cole of cast. Even if I'm on my way 2 work. ( I leave 15 minutes early From my home so I have time 2 fish)

Posted Fri May 17, 2013 11:51 am

I use Google Earth either from my computer or phone and if I see what looks like an open spot of water, I check it out. If it isn't posted or obviously private, I try it out.

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:30 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links