In the past 3 years fishing has become a mainstream hobby. I have never seen so many people fishing. Groups of them, line & lures hanging from trees, where skill less anglers cant cast. Lakes with swarms of fisherman from shore or on the water.( nothing funnier than seeing 4 people on a 2 man boat, or dudes fishing from a recreational kayak with a sunburn..lmfao).
When I have fished from the shore line and catch a fish and people swarm to my location..its as irritating as mosquitos...
All I can say is I cant wait for the trend to be over and fishing go's back to how it used to be..which is inevitable!

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:39 pm

I hear ya. Up by me the yuppy trend of fishing died off and things are back to normal. You can actually fish from shore without someone tangling your line, walking into the hole your fishing, etc, etc. Thing got so bad thats why I switched over to saltwater fishing and brought a boat. I also noticed a major decline in the bucket fishermen. I just have to make time to get out and fish!

Posted Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:40 am

It's been getting bad around me idiots running right next to u cause u caught a fish, ruin ur spot. Have to keep my spots secret now, and I only fish in the early morning and nights now.

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:02 pm

it's getting back to normal now with the colder weather coming in - lots more room and hardly any other people in some spots. Actually had a kid get 2 feet from me, drop in a worm and hook a big bass that i was trying to get! My son looked at me in disbelief - i wanted to bump this kid into the water, but didn't. I would never do that to anyone and taught my son not to do something like that. We just picked up our gear and headed to another section of the lake. It's all about respect and there ain't too much of that around lately. I like going fishing when it's raining ( not to heavy ) or cold...only the die hard angler's are out then!

Posted Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:27 pm

I know exactly what you're saying. I get it all the time too. I'll be fishing for a while and doing well. Next thing I know I'm shoulder to shoulder with people.

What ever happened to respect and courtesy?

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:41 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links