I cast out a small green jitterbug into the channel at berlin lake. Hooked a big bass, started to reel in and after 3 seconds i felt the line go slack - lost the fish and the lure! 2 seconds later the bass actually jumped out of the water about a foot high, did a flip and out of the side of his mouth flies my little jitterbug! The bass was back underwater and my lure splashed down and then sunk. It was the craziest thing i've seen - that has never happened to me before. Turns out my line was not to blame for the loss, it was the swivel. The top half of it was still attached, but the bottom half was gone....damn damn damn.
All the small jitterbug lures tend to sink, so i'm only buying the bigger ones. I could've gotten the lure back if it floated near the shore. I only wish this episode was videotaped, it was definitely a utube moment. Speaking of utube moments - i have seen 3 people fall into this lake in the last 2 weeks. An old man and a lady were chasing their dogs and the lady slipped in trying to get her dog from the water, the old man's dog got tangled in the other dogs leash and while he was trying to free him slips, turns and he takes a header into the water. I helped him out, but the lady was just sitting in the lake. Tried to get a picture, but i didn't save it. Thought i hit the save button. They were laughing and might have been drunk! The 3rd guy had his back to the water fixing his line and i hear a big splash and see him being pulled out of the water by his friend! Crazy - i have to bring a video camera herefrom now on!

Posted Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Weird! There must somethiong funny in that water. Be carefull next time or it could be you getting pulled from the water. Shhhh,
I think it might the amout of beer.lol

Posted Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 am

i knew i shouldn't have eaten those wild mushrooms by that tree LOL

Posted Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Same lake last night, i was at the end of the lake. There's a wall the water goes over into the spillway area. It's all algaed up because the water is lower than the wall - at the moment because of no rain. Anyway, there's a small lane to cast out to that is clear. I had 3 different bass attacking my jitterbug and senko worm. The worm got stuck on the wall, for a minute and a bass jumped up to try and eat the lure and he knocked it free from the snag! I didn't catch him, but at least i got the lure back!

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Great story! The fish felt bad for ya, and decided that you were not worthy to catch him and he didn't like the lure you were using, so he spit it back at ya! lol
Besides you getting out to fish and catching fish, you have some of the best stories. Keep them coming!

Posted Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks jimbuoy! I am happy to report that nothing strange happened this weekend. Caught a few fish and enjoyed the weekend

Posted Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Hey, southjerseyangler I thought you were the great angler, until I saw you wearing that green eagles jersey. lol At least you can catch fish, but you need to work on picking a football team. lol Razz

Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:05 am

E A G L E S all the way jimbuoy! Got an EAGLES tattoo so i aint switching teams. I know most of you on here are giants or jets fans - and i forgive you for that LOL! Been an eagles fan since 1982, PHILLIES - FLYERS fan too....i can do without the sixers - they just stink.

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:20 pm

As you can see, I haven't been out fishin, so I have nothing else to talk about except to comment on sports instead.

I'll give ya pass since you had to go through a little physical pain to have the tatts done. LOL

If the eagle tatt is the NFL type and not the bird type you should cover them up with a bass or pickerel tatt. LOL

Just bustin on ya buddy! GO EAGLES! There I said it. lol

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links