Newark watersheds Clinton Res , Oak Ridge , Canistear n Echo Lake , hows the fishing ? Any good

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 8:12 pm

you find a trolling motor yet?

Posted Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 am

no trolling motor yet .. plus need a roof rack to get it there .. idk , its easier if i just get a kayak ??

Posted Fri May 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Yea same i need a rack too. I saw a kayak fishing sticker on some dudes car. There is a kayak fish club too in nj.

Posted Mon May 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Going up to lake wawayanda and canstear res soon....i'll leave feedback. Oak ridge is on the list too...

Posted Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 pm

fishing wawayanda and canistear deeper. like 10ft for bass. they should be in the post spawn pattern. try shallower too though.

Posted Tue May 22, 2012 11:21 am

Thanks. Any recommendation for lures at wawayanda? Was going to start with 8-10' running crank, alt with some trickworms and senkos. You think about 10'?

Posted Tue May 22, 2012 2:15 pm

I do think 10ft the smallies should be spawning by now and the bass not far behind. Wawayanda is especially deep. give a tube a shot as well as the dropshot. Who knows you may be able to get LMs on beds. i was on Lillinonah in CT last week and the water was 64 i believe and the end of the day. so it may be a couple of degrees warmer in jerz. But i would still say it is spawn/post spawn, aka super tough time.

Posted Tue May 22, 2012 2:55 pm

manico1

Going up to lake wawayanda and canstear res soon....i'll leave feedback. Oak ridge is on the list too...

read in the forum that there is a gate up at wawayanda saying the park is open from 8-8. you might want to double check before you go to wawayanda at 6 in the morning.

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Tfayet where you from, son?

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 pm

jrhbass

Tfayet where you from, son?

Living in new Milford. Learned how to fish in missouri tho.

Haven't fished much up here in north jersey. I've scoped out a few ponds and small lakes. Fishing only from the shore so if you have any good spots for me to try out, let a kid know!

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Bass are tough up here. In bergen, i would say darliington in ramsey. You can pattern fish it pretty well. The weeds should be coming up soon if they arent already. Good frog bite there

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Yea I enjoy going down to south jersey. My brother in law lives near cherry hill. I like assunpink lake down that way. Guaranteed to have plenty of bites down that way. I'm making my rounds here in north jersey. Caught some decent LM in ramapo lake. Still waiting to hook into something picture worthy at oradell reservoir

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 8:44 pm

You and assasin should try to get along, oradell is his fave place.

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 4:46 am

I joke around a lot. I'm really easy to get along with.

The joke was about holding a sunny in comparison to holding a bucket mouth. Lol. Are you gonna be able to put your thumb in its mouth?

Like I said, I understand the seriousness when it comes to properly handling fish... But I might throw in some sarcasm or a joke here or there. Smile

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 8:01 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links