Do any of our NJ members Bow fish Question
I'm planning on getting back into it next year.
Let me know if anyone is interested in some friendly competition. Razz
FYI: Other than the equipment. All you need is a fishing license, No bow/hunting license required.

Posted Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:11 am

I just got myself a killer bow & plan on breaking it in this summer. I have been practicing archery for the pas 20 years, but just at targets I have never killed anything except for with a firearm,,,I plan to only shoot what I can eat..

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:07 am

I do the same thing. It's a lot of fun. I usually go for carp and suckers. I use them for crab bait or for fertilizer in my wife's garden. You have to tune your bow down or the arrow will travel far if it hit hard bottem or rocks. This means you have a lot of line to pull in. You do not need a bow license, only a fishing license. I don't remember right now, but because of the water bending what you see. You have to aim and shoot either before of after the fish. I don't remember, but after a few shots I'll figure it out. Good luck

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:16 pm

I remember my dad teaching me, he used to bowfish for carp as well , and he is a great shot, I on the other hand am just good. This is my first compound bow, since I have always been more of a traditionalist, recurves where and still are my thing, but this bow not only looks evil, it is and the reviews are all excellent, the only thing I am worried about is my size and weight in relation to the bow, I am 6 ft 185 lbs, medium athletic build..the bow says its for small frame shooters and can easily be transitioned for younger or older archers...I may be out of line here, but judging that over half of the population is over weight...can someone define small frame...

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:46 pm

gluttony32

can someone define small frame...

Bassassin probably could.

Posted Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links