A few weeks ago I notice one of the inserts was missing from an eye on my favorite rod (Quantum Smoke). I took it to Fairfield fishing tackle 3 weeks ago for a new eye and picked it up today. Once I was home I put the reel back on and spooled it up with 40lb braid, now time to pick a lure. I decided on a buzz bait and headed to the local pond. 2nd cast caught a bass, nothing special but big enough to provide some fun.

I got my favorite rod back. Very Happy

Well time for bed as I am heading to Greenwood in morning..Hoping for some top water action again. If not hoping to grab some smallmouth on a dropshot in 25' of water.

Any one else have a favorite Rod/Reel?

Posted Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:05 pm

How are their prices for replacing eyes? I too hate to get rid of my favorate rods. Good luck at Greenwood.

Posted Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:50 am

jimbuoy

How are their prices for replacing eyes? I too hate to get rid of my favorate rods. Good luck at Greenwood.

Pricing was great $18 including the eye, just wish it was closer.

Thanks but Greenwood shut us out today. Hoping things will turn back on for next week.

Posted Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Good price. Do they wrap the eyes then epoxy over the wrap?

Posted Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 am

Yup wrap and epoxy, Hard to tell anything was replaced.

Posted Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:59 pm

got a Daiwa regal silver #6312. 6.5 feet long that I need to get fixed. It broke when I cast out in july. Hooked a few big fish with it and there was no problem getting them onshore with this pole. Plus, it was my dad's ( he passed in 2002 ) so it's like he's there with me. The piece i need to get fixed is 2 feet long. I don't know for sure how long my dad had this pole, so I don't know if it broke because of age. It doesn't look worn or cracked? Hope it doesn't cost too much.

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Hey John - good luck with the pole, glad you got it back

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:05 pm

southjerseyangler

got a Daiwa regal silver #6312. 6.5 feet long that I need to get fixed. It broke when I cast out in july. Hooked a few big fish with it and there was no problem getting them onshore with this pole. Plus, it was my dad's ( he passed in 2002 ) so it's like he's there with me. The piece i need to get fixed is 2 feet long. I don't know for sure how long my dad had this pole, so I don't know if it broke because of age. It doesn't look worn or cracked? Hope it doesn't cost too much.

I hope someone can get that pole fixed up for ya with out costing too much.

Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 am

took the pole to creek keepers in blackwood and they are closed for the season, so I will try sportsmens outlet in sewell ( 5 miles away ) this weekend, and see what the estimate will be. Got a new rod and reel last week from bass pro shops. My wife got me a gift card and I finally used it. It's a b.p.shop Brawler - med.action 5.10 long and reel is a Daiwa sweepfire 4050RA good for line up to 15 pd. test Haven't tried it yet, can't wait til I do, still deciding whether to use mono or switch to a braid?

Posted Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:30 pm

I think braid is the way to go. I'll be switching all my freshwater and saltwater reels over to braid this winter.

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:12 am

Congrats on the rod, Hope the first fish comes soon.

I had some rods in the back of my truck since last week when I put the boat away. I went to take em out today and can you believe one of my Cabelas rods has a broken tip, aint that a b****.

I have braid on one of my bait casters and really like it. I am seriously thinking of switching them all over.

Posted Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:40 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links