Right about this time of year, a lot of anglers put their stuff away because the fishing is slow. Water temps change dramacticaly over just a few hours. I used to hang it up in october and wait til march to start back up...But last year I fished into december and caught fish in mid Febuary...So I will continue to fish until Its too cold to take..When do you guys hang it up? Do any of you ice fish?

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 pm

I used to ice fish alot and had great results. Ice fishing is a great way to get out doors and enjoy the fresh air. I started out with a few tip ups and a jigging pole. I moved up to having a small shelter to block the wind and stay warm. I've caught perch, pickerel, trout and some bass. I don't ice fish any more because the weather has'nt been getting cold enough to have safe thick ice. I also use this time to hunt and make new fishing rigs for the following season. Let me know if you plan on ice fishing this year. I might join you.

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 pm

I might head up north for a little ice fishing this winter, or then again I might head south for some , im unsure of where my restless 2 months of no fishin will take me but I will keep you all posted..your right Jim it has not been cold enough in nj to ice fish in a few years.

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 am

Whenlast years warm water tournament series ended in September I fished a cold water series from Oct to Dec 16th Then another trail from February straight through the year.

Down size, slow down the presentation, when in doubt I have had much success with the Shakey Head or the Drop Shot even in water as cold as 33 degrees

Last year here in Mass we had a Blizzard on Halloween Day, fished an event that day flipped a Larry weighing 4lb 10oz off a tree in 4 feet of water, water temp was 34, went on to win that event with 3 fish for 9.9lbs

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Neil,
I love your pic! Those are two huge hogs! What did they weight out to?

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:36 am

jimbuoy

Neil,
I love your pic! Those are two huge hogs! What did they weight out to?

The 2 in the pic combined weighed 12lb 8 oz, I had the 3 fish in that event ( Quaboag Pond North Brookfield Ma) total of the 3 fish was 17.81 lbs, I beat out the 2010 , 2011 Bass Master Classic Qualifier Randy Phillips ( great guy) that day he had 5 for 17.50 by far one of if not the greatest highlites of my career !

www.boaghogbaits.com for all your lead free bass fishing needs! Tell em I sent ya!

Posted Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:50 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links