I was getting 30 -35 yards on any cast with any given rod with different specs on the reels and line. With my new carrot stick and the Quantum smoke, 20lb powerline pro. Im casting about 40-50 yards(insane)...it takes me forever to walk the dog all the way back now. It does however suck in casting out buzz baits.

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 pm

i was cast pretty far with my 7'6" basspro carbonlite rod until i snapped it in half when my jig got snagged. to me that shouldn't happen. the line or the knot should have came first. i was using 15# seaguar floro. really smooth casting strong line. alot of memory tho. my buddy uses kvd line conditioner and he has had really good success with it.

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:56 am

I have a carbon lite pro in medium action about 7'0 ft, I have not touched this year...I matched it up with an old quantum code reel. Hows the rod working for you?...I passed on a j. Morris elite for it.

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 am

i like it until it broke in half. it was a mh fast taper with micro guides. i can't stand micro guildes. i feel like it rubs the line and it kinda sounds like nails on a chalk board. i think the abu garcia veritas is an excellent rod for the money. i would recommend one to anyone.

Posted Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:47 am

I got my son the skeet Reese combo because he likes the colors. I have given some quality fishing gear to some acquaintances of mine & watched my 8 yr old outcast a 26 yr old with a shimano bass pro reel combo.

Posted Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links