i just moved to glassboro nj about a month ago and i have not really been able to find any good fishing in the surrounding areas, its a lot of lakes and ponds and i am used to rivers and streams i was wondering if anyone knew any good lakes or ponds in this area. also i am trying to find a good place to go trout fishing in the area any help with that would be greatly appreciated!

Pete Hando

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am

Hey Pete, your close to route 55, so you can find a good spot for you. go south on rt.55 20 minutes and you got Union Lake, millville - or follow rt.55 to the end onto rts.47 or 347 and there are rivers, streams, creeks,lakes all over down there. go on basssense.com or state.nj.us and you can get a list of new jersey counties and the ponds,lakes, reservoirs,rivers etc. and how big they are (ex. ALCYON LAKE - GLASSBORO 18 ACRES ).
Franklinville Lake and Scotland run Lake are near you too. There are tons of hotspots that aren't even on the lists i have seen. All i did was type Places to fish new jersey - and all kinds of links came up. Good Luck - Greg

Posted Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Welcome to Glassboro! I graduated from Rowan U down there back in 2001 and lived in the area for a few years afterward. Check out Audrey Lake as well as the Salem Canal for decent bass waters. As far as trout streams, you won't find any in south Jersey.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:45 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links