Now thats what I call a good fish story. lol
You have to build it up like "Catfish Hunter" from Grumpy Old Men movie. Good luck and I hope you get both of them!

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:44 am

I have been fishing for huge carp for about 3 months but have learned so much in that time my head spins.... Many of the suggestions above are good, but I suggest going Euro style to catch the 20+ pound monsters... this requires a surf type rod... baitrunner reels, spombs ( bait throwers) and special rigs to improve your chances-- Trust me, monster carp fishing is a talent, these fish are very smart. I have been fishing Cooper River this past end of summer and have caught about 30 or so carp from 6 to 16 pounds (still trying for my 20+ pounder. If you have seen several carp upwards of 20 to 30 pounds the lake you're fishing in has plenty of them that size. Most lakes in NJ have monster carp... I've bass fished for over 40 years and have seen carp in almost every lake I've fished over 20 pounds.. Catching them is quite different. I live in Williamstown NJ and would love to help you out. My email address is jerzy2vegas@comcast.net. Hey, you know how fishing goes... just about any bait on any given day by any given angler can land them a monster... but if you want to improve you chances drop me a line..... PS - I'd love to give it a shot with you this coming spring and show you how, there really is a lot to learn...good luck on your persuit.. and buy the way... your sons expression cracked me up.... tight lines!

Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:43 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links